Our Intro to Screenwriting workshop provides a fun, formal, and thorough introduction to the art of screenwriting! We’ll cover everything from what makes a great story to how we can take the ideas bouncing around in our head and put pen to paper in a way that makes sense, is gripping (and correctly formatted), compelling, has rich, believable dialogue, and strong, well-rounded characters that we can empathize with that will draw the reader/viewer in!
Creative Veins is an award-winning, A+ rated performing arts studio that trains students of all ages and experience levels in acting, improv, stand-up, and screenwriting. All our classes are taught by professional, agency-represented performing artists who live in Jacksonville and work regionally (Atlanta, Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Nashville, and Knoxville) on paid bookings in film, theater, commercials, television, and live show productions. Additionally, many of our instructors are multi-disciplined, meaning that besides being highly trained and skilled in their craft, they have also trained in acting, music, singing, dance, and more! Our sessions are offered in 4-week blocks and meet once a week for two hours. From the newbie to the hobbyist to the serious, aspiring professional, we see a wide range of students; all with very different goals. We’re eager to help each student accomplish these goals, whatever they may be!
About the Workshop:
From the newbie to the serious, aspiring professional, we see a wide range of students all with different goals. No matter the goal, we’re eager to help! Our 1-Day Intro to Screenwriting Workshop is designed for those with no formal experience or training who’d like to get started in the art of screenwriting! This workshop will be a combination of lecture, slides, videos, and in-class writing exercises so you leave the workshop better equipped to start your screenwriting journey!
A Few Things We’ll Cover:
First and foremost, in order to write a good script, we must learn what makes a GOOD story. In our intro to screenwriting workshop, we’ll cover that and how we can take all of the ideas bouncing around in our head and put pen to paper in a way that makes sense, is gripping (and correctly formatted), compelling, has rich, believable dialogue, strong, well-rounded characters we can empathize with that will draw the reader (and potentially an audience) in! Topics include:
- Story + Framework
- Script Styles (what type of script will you write?)
- Genres (is this a thriller or a rom-com?)
- Loglines (your new BFF in the writing process)
- Character + Dialogue + Conflict
- Resolution + Recognition + Reversal
Requirements for Intro to Screenwriting:
- Access to email and the internet
- Registered by the class start date
- Laptop, tablet, or Notebook + Pen/Pencil
Class Size/Covid-19 Info:
Please note that our classes are always kept smaller in size for more individualized attention and to ensure each student’s success in the program. For now, because of Covid-19 and our need for distancing, our studio classes have a maximum number of 12 students. Because of this, we book up very quickly. Please understand that we cannot add any additional students once a class is full and marked as SOLD OUT. You can, however, request to be added to the wait-list via email at Admin@CreativeVeins.com, or feel free to register for the next session to guarantee your spot. Additionally, we still require masks when entering the building, inside the common areas, and anytime social distancing isn’t possible. We appreciate your understanding of these protocols to ensure our students, instructors, and staff’s well-being.
- If the session or workshop hasn’t started yet and you notify us of your inability to attend, we are happy to move you into a new session or workshop or reimburse you for the full amount paid
- If the session or workshop has already started and you notify us of your inability to complete it before it ends, we are happy to move you into a new session or reimburse you for the unattended classes/hours
- If the session or workshop has already ended and you did not notify us of your inability to attend all of the classes/hours, we are happy to move you into a new session (refunds are not provided to “no call/no shows/walk-outs”)
Our studio is over 4,000 square feet with a lobby + café/movie room for your ride or guests to hang out during class! In addition, we offer plenty of free parking in our private lot.
Check out our F.A.Q. page or contact us at Admin@CreativeVeins.com or by phone/text at 904-323-2471!