Here you can find answers to commonly asked questions.
Have Any Questions?
We’ve compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions asked about our studio and programs. If we didn’t answer it here, please send an email to Admin@CreativeVeins.com so we can help!
What does your studio offer?
Our studio offers classes and workshops in Acting, Improv, Stand-Up Comedy, and Screenwriting. There’s no experience needed to get started and whether you’re a kid or adult, we’re sure to have a class or workshop for you!
Classes & Workshops
Our classes are offered in 4-week sessions (blocks) and range from 149 – 189/month.
We also offer 1/2 day and full day workshops that start at 99/workshop.
Regardless of age or chosen class, students should know how to read and write in English. There are no other prerequisites to enrolling in classes unless you want to bypass a lower-level class. In that case, you will need to email us at Admin@CreativeVeins.com to set up an interview and audition.
- Audition Tapings
We are a full-time, 7-days a week taping studio with time slots between 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily! Our taping services start at 1.00/minute and provide high-quality audio and video with instant turn-around time so you can get your audition submitted immediately!
- Casting Services
In need of talent for your next commercial, film, or media project? We’ve got you covered! Creative Veins sister company, Creative Veins Casting, can help find and book professional, skilled actors of all ages to help bring your vision to life, no matter the size of your budget. With prompt and clear communication, we’ll help guide you every step of the way so you can get your project booked fast, saving you time and money in the long run!
- Location Scouting
Our in-house location scout is a Florida native with a strong background in film, a keen eye for detail, and an understanding of how crucial it is to find locations that fit both the artistic vision of the client, brand, or director and the technical aspects of the production.
- Private One-On-One Coaching
Whether you have a big audition coming up, you’re submitting to a performing arts school like LaVilla or Douglas Anderson, or you’d just rather do a private lesson instead of a group class, we’ve got you covered! Private lessons start at 55/hour and are offered 7-days a week!
- Improv Team-Building Classes
Need your business or organization to work on problem-solving, working as a team, strengthening communication, building confidence and a better rapport with customers or clients? Our studio offers private team-building improv classes starting at 25/person. The best part? We build the curriculum around your specific goals, and we travel to you!
- 2022 Folio Weekly’s Best Comic (Runner Up | CVPA Student)
- 2021 48-Hour Film Festival ‘Best Actor” (CVPA Student)
- 2021 48-Hour Film Festival ‘Best Ensemble’ (CVPA Instructor & Student)
- 2020 Fratpack Productions Atlanta Film Fest ‘Top Finalist’ (CVPA-Produced Film)
- 2020 Folio Weekly ‘Best Comedy Club’ for Laugh Lounge (CVPA-Produced Show)
- 2020 Folio Weekly ‘Best Comedian’ (CVPA Stand-Up Student)
- 2019 Gypsy Cab Company Comedy Show ‘1st Place Winner’ (CVPA Stand-Up Student)
- 2019 Void Magazine ‘Best Comedy Club’ for Laugh Lounge (CVPA-Produced Show)
- 2019 Void Magazine ‘Best Comedian’ (CVPA Stand-Up Student)
- 2019 Folio Weekly ‘Best Comedy Club’ for Laugh Lounge (CVPA-Produced Show)
- 2019 48-Hour Film Festival ‘Best Graphic Design’ (CVPA-Produced Film)
- 2019 Folio Weekly ‘Best Comedian’ (CVPA Stand-Up Student)
- 2019 48-Hour Film Festival ‘Top Finalist’ (CVPA-Produced Film)
- 2018 Portland Comedy Festival ‘Roast Battle Winner’ (CVPA Stand-Up Student)
- 2018 Folio Weekly ‘Best Comedy Club‘ for Laugh Lounge (CVPA-Produced Show)
- 2017 Folio Weekly ‘Best Comedy Club‘ for Laugh Lounge (CVPA-Produced Show)
- 2017 Gypsy Cab Company Comedy Show ‘1st Place Winner‘ (CVPA Stand-Up Student)
- 2017 48-Hour Film Festival ‘Best Graphic Design’ (CVPA-Produced Film)
Previous Clients & Bookings:
- Universal Studios Orlando
- Ulta Beauty
- Your Pie Pizza
- Homicide Hunter
- Snapped: Killer Couples
- Nat Geo’s ‘When Sharks Attack’
- Murder Calls
- Mercury Insurance
- Badcock Furniture & More
- Florida State University
- Devious Maids
- The Vampire Diaries
- Bryte Payment Solutions
- Survivor’s Remorse
- The Improv Fort Lauderdale
- The Portland Comedy Festival
- Lady Parts Justice League
- Bloodline Graceland
- Office Christmas Party
- Halloween Horror Nights
- Virgin Vacations
- Disney Springs
- Wounded Warrior
- Olink Proteomics (Boston Office)
- The University of Florida
- Barry Callebaut Chocolate (Chicago Branch)
- The Georgia Department of Law Enforcement
- CAN Community Health
- Keller Williams Realty
- Combat Athletix
- Phocas Software
- Legacy Irish Dance Academy
- The Performers Academy
- Ken Amaro Charity Golf Classic
- Root Realty
- The Rocco Group
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at Admin@CreativeVeins.com or give us a call! We’re delighted to help!
Creative Veins Performing Arts Studio
Open 7 days a week, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily!
337 East Forsyth Street
Jacksonville, FL 32202
904-323-2471 (call or text anytime)
Can I take a tour and/or audit a class?
Right now, because we’re still following Covid-19 protocols, we’re limiting the number of outside guests. We are not allowing tours, class audits or walk-in visitors at this time. The exception to this is parents or rides of students in the kids class. If you are interested in taking a class or booking a service with us, we strongly encourage you to check out our reviews, testimonials, photos, videos and reach out to us if you have any questions!
Feel free to email us at Admin@CreativeVeins.com or give us a call at 904-323-2471 anytime!
What’s the average class size?
Our classes have always been kept smaller in size for more individualized attention and provide a more personalized curriculum to ensure each student’s success! Typically, a class has a maximum of 12 students. Because of the limited number of seats, we book up very quickly. Please understand, once a class is full and marked as SOLD OUT, we cannot add any additional students to it. You can, however, request to be added to the wait-list via email at Admin@CreativeVeins.com or please feel free to register for the next session immediately to guarantee your spot.
Can you tell me about your Covid-19 protocols?
Because of Covid-19, the studio has the following protocols in place:
- Studio classes have a maximum number of 12 students
- We require masks when entering the building, inside the common areas, and anytime social distancing isn’t possible
- A sanitizing station has been set up at the studio entrance
- All classrooms and common areas are disinfected with EPA-Approved List N Products to kill all strains and variants of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
- We are limiting the number of outside guests to 1/student
We appreciate your understanding of these protocols to ensure our students, instructors, and staff’s well-being.
Please email us at Admin@CreativeVeins.com with any additional questions regarding classes or our studio’s Covid-19 policy.
Can I makeup a missed class?
If you miss a class during a 4-week session, you may make it up. We just ask that you let your instructor know you’ll be absent so they can catch you up before the next class and help arrange your makeup day. Our 1-Day Workshops may be made up only if you let us know at least 24 hours ahead of time of your inability to attend.
I’m having trouble with my payment going through; can you help me?
If you had an issue with payment going through or you have a question about tuition, payment plans, or anything related to tuition costs, please email us at Admin@CreativeVeins.com so we can help!
Do you offer refunds?
If the session or workshop hasn’t started yet and you notify us of your inability to attend, we are happy to move you into a new session or workshop or reimburse you
If the session has already started and you notify us of your inability to complete it, we are happy to move you into a new session or reimburse you for the unattended classes
If the session or workshop has already ended and you did not attend any of the classes or notify us before the session concluded, we are happy to move you into a new session (refunds are not provided to “no call/no shows”)
Do you offer payment plans?
Yes, our website uses PayPal as a payment processor, so you are welcome to take advantage of the “Pay Over Time” option offered through them.
How do I log onto my account?
If you’re a current or past student, your log-in is the username and password you chose at enrollment. If you’ve forgotten this information, you can reset it or create a new account.
Who do you recommend for headshots?
- In Jacksonville, we recommend professional acting headshot photographers Agnes Lopez of Pose Well Studios and Dwight Smalls of Dwight Smalls Photography.
- In Orlando, we recommend professional acting headshot photographer, Kristia Knowles of Kristia Knowles Photography.
- In Atlanta, we recommend professional acting headshot photographer Robbie Glen of Robbie Glen Photography.
If you let the photographer know you are an acting student with Creative Veins Performing Arts Studio, they will understand what type of headshots you need. Professional headshot photography is a collaborative process so ask questions, make sure you understand the process and what’s expected of you to make your shoot a successful one!
All photographers listed above are licensed, insured, and offer competitive headshot packages with the option to add a hair/makeup artist on your scheduled shoot date.
Can you help me get an agent?
If you are a current or past upper-level acting student who is highly skilled with demonstrable abilities in the emotional work and the prep & performance work of an actor, we are happy to assist you with the process of finding an agent. Understand that we cannot “get you an agent”; you will be the one to determine if you’re signed. However, we can help make sure you are thoroughly prepared and have everything required for the interview, so your chances of being signed are very likely. Please note, we will not help facilitate wasting an agent’s time, so you need to be realistic about your abilities up front. Actors should only request to be interviewed by a potential agent when they have:
- substantial training under their belt
- demonstrable skill and abilities
- advanced/mastery of emotional work
- advanced/mastery of prep and performance work
- professional headshots
- a professional acting resume
- a professional demo reel with speaking parts from booked productions
Asking an agent to consider you when you don’t have these things would be unprofessional and a misuse of their time and yours. If you have the above-referenced skills and items, we’re happy to help in the following ways:
- evaluate your readiness to submit to an agent
- help you find one that is reputable
- review of your headshots
- review of your resume
- review of your demo reel
- offer feedback so you can adjust before the interview
- provide you with our list of the most frequently asked questions during an agency interview so you’re prepared to answer
Please email us at Admin@CreativeVeins.com if you have any additional questions!
I have previous experience. Can I skip ahead?
If you have previous training and demonstrable experience, please email us at Admin@CreativeVeins.com to set up an interview and audition. If you have no formal training and experience, we do not recommend skipping the lower-level classes. Our intermediate and advanced classes are structured with the understanding that all students already have a solid foundation in their chosen craft. Skipping ahead without previous training and demonstrable experience means you will not be able to participate in the exercises or understand the concepts being introduced. Our intermediate and advanced sessions are for building upon what has already been taught. It does not matter if you have never taken a class before; you have to start somewhere, right? Our lower-level classes are straightforward, informative, and offer a practical approach for those with little to no experience.
Can I take more than 1 class at once?
In most cases, yes. The exception to this would be trying to take a level 1 acting class at the same time as a level 2 acting class. You’ll need to graduate from the level 1 class before going into an upper level class.